Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Beeping noise

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-23-05, 10:12 AM Thread Starter   #1
nygirl67

Unhappy Beeping noise

Can Someone please help i have the gnb max-fisher motherboard. My computer is always making a beeping noise like an alarm. It usually starts when i run a spyware remover program or antivirus. It seem like when i am not running the alarm will still go off ex. when i am on a specif web page. It seem like it is trying to tell me something is wrong. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. The noise is very loud and annoying. Please help
nygirl67 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 03-23-05, 06:35 PM   #2
Dcasole

nygirl67 , what kind of board is a "gnb max-fisher motherboard" ? I have never heard of a MSI board by this name

With out any specific information on our system it would be really hard to pinpoint what your problem is . Please try and post your specs ( see my signature as an example ) . Make sure you tell us as much information as possible

Did this problem just start happening recently?

If I had to guess ,The noise you are hearing is probabaly your motherboard 's BIOS thermal alarm going off . Have you checked inside to see if your heat sink and fan are free from any dust or grunge?

Are you running any temp programs ?? that might have the temp setting set to low ?

Does the computer run fine otherwise ??

Let us know
Dave

2 GIG OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Performance Platinum Edition
Sound Blaster Audigy
TDK CDRW, Sony DVD Writer
2-80 gig WD 7,200 RPM
1-320 gig Seagate 7,200 RPM
BFG PSU 800W
+3.3V=24A +5V=30A +12V1=20A +12V2=20A
Acer 22" Wide screen
Windows XP PRO (SP2)[/COLOR][SIZE=3]
Dcasole is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-25-05, 01:25 AM Thread Starter   #3
nygirl67

Board: MICRO-STAR INTL, CO.,LTD. Granite Bay Ver2.0
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 01/10/2003
3.15 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
512 Megabytes Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra [Display adapter]
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

I have checked the computer for dust and it is ok. I had this problem for awhile. Then i got a virus and had to format my hard drive. Everything was fine there was no noise. I did system restore after every install. Then all of a sudden the beeping noise came back. I have no temp programs. But i do have a tower case that has a temp on the front . It dosen't seem to be connected. I had someone install my motherboard to the case and i installed the rest. I am very nervous doing anything to the bios and i do know there are updates for my bios but haven't installed them.
nygirl67 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-25-05, 06:28 AM   #4
mortimer

Download MotherBoard Monitor, it's free and works well. Tip: use the configuration wizard to pick your MB out of the 974(?) available before you run the program. You can also check the tech support section at MSI here. As a caution, it is not really easy to find anything. I seaeched for "granite" and found nothing. What model number are you using? Generally, beeping indicates a problem.
mortimer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-25-05, 10:38 PM   #5
Dcasole

I to also seached all the forums and could not come up with this motherboard , I am at a loss

I agree with mortimer, beeping usually means something is wrong

I would go into the bois on start up and check the CPU temp as this would be my first guess

Dave

2 GIG OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Performance Platinum Edition
Sound Blaster Audigy
TDK CDRW, Sony DVD Writer
2-80 gig WD 7,200 RPM
1-320 gig Seagate 7,200 RPM
BFG PSU 800W
+3.3V=24A +5V=30A +12V1=20A +12V2=20A
Acer 22" Wide screen
Windows XP PRO (SP2)[/COLOR][SIZE=3]
Dcasole is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe