• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

external enclosure for hd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigahertz

i am looking to buy 2. Which ones do you suggest? They have to have internal fans to keep the hard drives cool. One hd is 80gb and the other is 120gb. Also, must not be like these cheapy ones that come with a driver's cd. Why would you need drivers for an enclosure anyways?

Also, will i decrease their speed if i connect them via a usb hub ( this hub takes power from the pc and from a wall outlet for more power) or do i have to have them connected directly to the computer for full speeds?

they are going to be set up for my laptop that is why i was thinking of connecting them via a hub

one more question,
can you take a look at the power requirements printed somewhere on a label on the enclosure and see if it is compatible with European power requirements? :) :)

thanks again

gigahertz said:
one more question,
can you take a look at the power requirements printed somewhere on a label on the enclosure and see if it is compatible with European power requirements? :) :)

thanks again

I am not sure about european power stuff. You might need to buy it from a european reseller to get the right part.

I use a few Macally PHR-100AC external carts, 80% aluminum case (front and back are plastic, but they still look nice), and the drives aren't even warm. They come in USB/Firewire, only firewire, and only USB flavors. I like them.

Back