• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get The Most Out Of My Sapphire X850XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.eX|$3DUC3R

First of all Hello!,
:santa:
I have overclocked my Sapphire X850XT using ATI's very own 'Ati Tool'
I want to run it at 600MHz core speed and 630MHz Ram Speed.
I'm currently at 585MHz and 615MHz stable in all games; Far Cry, Half Life 2, Counterstrike: Source.
But when i push it up to 600MHz and 630MHz it freezes after about 10 minutes in Far Cry.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

is it a stock heatsink? and is there any aftermarket coolers for that card thos are 2 question you either should be able to answer or youll be able to answer the first one and ask us all the second one lol

I don't know whether you can change the cooling because it is the dual slot cooling solution.
heatsink?
And i don't know whether there are any other coolers for sale, afaik no.
(When i say the ram speed is 615MHz, it is actually 1230MHz because it is 'DDR', Dual Data Rate.)

To replace the heatsink, you would replace the whole dual-slot assembly. Other coolers? Zalman VF700-cu, ATI silencer 4, custom make a heatsink with a stock a64 socket heatsink; drill bit; and bolts.

You could always go water.

you should take smaller steps when OCing, like 5mhz bump at a time, i found that the nature test on 3dm03 is good for finding artifacts

630---630

New To the forum i have an x850 xt that will run stabe everything at 630--630 no problem with the zalman cooler. It will run 3d mark05 at 640 --640 with a score of 7160 and bragging rights is what its about and the luck of the draw , a couple of my buddys bought the same card from the same place mine happens to overclock sickley and the others not so high just the luck of the draw

Back