• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prob: Nerovision Express 3 and Hyper-threading?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I was hoping someone could let me in on this, as I can't seem to find a straight answer.

On Monday I went out and bought NeroVision Express 3 in order to make Video DVD's out of VCR recordings that I captured to avi over a year ago.

Yet, the reprocessing time and burning takes ages, and so I went for a look on the web. According to many reviews, NeroVision Express is supposed to utilize Hyperthreading, yet in my particular setup it only runs a single thread, which could explain the long burning and reprocessing times.

Am I the only one having this problem? or doesn't Nerovision have hyperthreading? or am I missing some settings?

Thanks in advance

Flix

in the cases where hyperthreading actually works on anything it doesnt make a huge dif...

what do you consider a long time? video isnt quick to work with, its actually time consuming..

www.videohelp.com if you need any questions video related answered

Odd. I've used Nerovision and found it to be quite quick to work with. Taking an XVid 700mb AVI and converting to DVD format, with high quality enabled, takes about 45 minutes. I don't completely if it utilized both processors in task manager but I'm sure they were both actively working, not at 100% for both.

Back