• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Best O/c For P4c800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

digimon

Hi every body i'm new here so i need some help to configure my bios to get the best o/c performences for this systeme (see signature) so i have a xp90 whit a panaflow fan 2500rpm an active cooling on the north bridge (nb-1) from termaltake ... and 1 120 mm intake fan an 1 120 for exaust in back of my case ... running at 1350 rpm each ...

so gime your idea ... :shrug:

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Well, I see from your sig that you may already have your pc oc to 3,6 ghz...? What are your current ram timings? What is your current fsb and multi?

memory timming was 2.5 / 3 / 3 / 6 whith 2.85 volt
multiplyer was 16 x 225 = 3600 and then the voltage was 1.475 so the fact was when i whant to go further then 225 fsb do i need to increase the voltage to the cpu ... i read about i need to increase the voltage to the agp slot to ... :bang head

just another question i use 3 hd ... 3 different (s-ata) so i can t run in raid ... so can i use Promise 20378 RAID controller just for one hd ... :confused:

digimon said:
memory timming was 2.5 / 3 / 3 / 6 whith 2.85 volt
multiplyer was 16 x 225 = 3600 and then the voltage was 1.475 so the fact was when i whant to go further then 225 fsb do i need to increase the voltage to the cpu ... i read about i need to increase the voltage to the agp slot to ... :bang head

Since your ram is rated at 2.5-4-4-7 @ ddr 500, consider this:

-Set your ram to 2.5-4-4-7 1t
-Set your multiplier to 14 x
-Set fsb to 250 (slow increments, not all in one shot)

-250 x14= 3500 mhz (this is a nice starting point)
-If you achieve this, you may feel the urge to try 250x15 for 3750 mhz

The only time you need to increase your voltage is when you are attempting to stabilize your overclock. As your cpu frequency increases, more voltage may be required to achieve the frequency you have in mind. I stronly suggest reading the overclocking stickies and doing some research before you increase you voltage or overclock any more.

Here is a bench to see if your OC is stable.

Here is a bench to see if your memory is stable.

As for your AGP slot, you may consider a small voltage increase but it is not directly related to your GPU's clock speeds. To increase the GPU's voltage, a GPU bios flash would be nessecary.

Last edited:
digimon said:
just another question i use 3 hd ... 3 different (s-ata) so i can t run in raid ... so can i use Promise 20378 RAID controller just for one hd ... :confused:
Raid = Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks; which means that it utilizes more than 1 hdd to create an array. The most common Raid uses are Raid0 and Raid1

Here is a link that describes the uses of raid:

http://www.9to5computer.com/atto/What-is-Raid.htm

Back