• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Users, Important Note on Warranty Policy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ISS8634

This is somewhat OT but I feel there is a need for all DFI users to take note.

I bought a NF4 Ultra D 2 months ago and it died, killing the CPU as well. Thus I sent it back to the distributor and they send it back to DFI. No excahnge policy considering its only 3 days old.

Today, I just receive a call from the distributor. They told me that DFI has determined that the problem isn't a design fault but rather man made. Thus, I have to pay for the repair fee. If I choose not to proceed, they will not repair it and they will send it back. When I ask the person whats exactly is this man made problem, he couldn't tell me. He said: DFI just said its a man made problem and not a design fault.

I have no idea how on Earth they determined its a man made problem. I don't even have any idea what I have done to the board. It just hung during a restart with a continous beep. Next thing I know is that both the board and the CPU are dead.

DFI users should take extra care with their boards.

^^^??? are you sure about that? this problem is not specific to a processor brand, but a motherboard brand. He is trying to help and i think that's great. I don't own anything with intel on it, but i'm in here researching an upgrade and as a DFI owner, as well as a person about to buy another DFI board, this is beneficial to me. These forums ARE about helping each other out right? Not helping out those that only have the same brands that you have. Welcome to the forums ISS8634, and thanks for the heads up, especially since i don't have problems with my lanparty nfII and therefore don't frequent that section as much as i used to.

i had my 875 b go bad on me almost a year after i bought it, i sent it to dfi and i had it back within a week.
they were very good to me.
they repaired my board and sent it back to me 2nd day shipping.
they have been more than helpful with all problems i have had (when my bios chip died and i couldnt flash it, they sent me another one very quickly.)
i guess the experience varries from person to person but i say that dfi is a great copmpany.

~Magick_Man~

Sorry about your situation. I have unfortunately had to RMA about 3 times with my Infinities and once with my UT 250Gb. I always dealt directly with DFI and Donna and Ogie have always been more than helpful. I can't swear to it but it sounds like the problem may be with the distributor in the middle. That's why I have always dealt with DFI directly even though I know newegg is awesome even there site says warranty is through the manufacturer. Just my 2 cents and try to contact DFI directly to see what is going on if you can. From my experience they have always been top notch in the customer service.

I agree. The tech support crew at DFI is top notch. They were prompt and polite by phone conversations and e-mail correspondance. I encourage anyone with a problem with a DFI board to contact them directly.

Back