• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x512 PC3200 = $70 + after rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So odds are you will end up paying $129.99 for some "Ultra" brand PC3200 from Tiger Direct. The thread title was kind of confusing. Should be something like "$70 after rebate" because I seriously thought it was $70 before the rebate from the title.

Sorry. I tried to change the title. I guess it's too late. I'll ask a mod.

This is only CAS3 RAM. I know that this is not high speed OC RAM. Perhaps as a member of OC.com, you don't need this yourself. But I also know that as hardcore computer guys, we all get asked to help family and friends. this deal could easily help out two people that you know for about $35 each plus the shipping charge from tiger. I bought it this AM. I have not myself had a problem with doing the rebate thing.

If you can actually get the rebate, it's a great deal. Personally I don't trust rebates from anyone other than the manufacturer (and not even those sometimes). But it certainly is a good price assuming you get it.

Yes, you won't have a probblem filling the rebates out, shipping them to tiger direct, etc.

But you won't get your rebate money back :p.

At least, in my experience :p.

Is Tiger Direct really that bad with the rebates? I've heard stories, yet have had no first hand experiences. If they are that bad, I think I'll find some memory elsewhere.

I've done tons of rebate deals with Tiger. I keep track of them all and have not had to fight for one yet with Tiger. I've some rebates that I had to fight for but not from Tiger. In the end, this is a rebate deal.

Good Deal. I know that this RAM is absolutely terrible for OC'ing, but it's good as don256us mentioned for family or friends, or at least for a backup when your memory fries when OC'ing. ;)

never trust a tiger.. atleast online.. i will never buy from tiger direct. they make all their money from scam rebates.. imho

(still waiting on a few after a year+)

Back