• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

curious happenings with my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
I was recently having a lot of troubles with my system. It suddenly started crashing every few seconds. I rebooted in safe mode, same problem. Checked everything possible software wise, and it came down to a "bad_pool_call" error. From what i read in a KB article, it indicated a memory problem. So.... I Downloaded memtest86 (latest version) let it run overnight... no errors

i then switched my memory from dual-channel back to single-channel. it booted up fine and no problems since.

My system is as follows:

MSI K7N2Delta, AMD Athlon XP 3200+ , 1GB PC3200 Infineon DDR, 480Watt Black Demon PSU (silver)

I had never had any problems with Dual Channel before. I thought if there were errors present, that memtest would find them. However, is it possible for the slot/memory controller to be going bad, and still show no errors?

this flummoxes me a bit, as i dont' know what to do if i lose another ram slot, and i don't have the money yet (haven't started my job yet... start on monday) to replace anything.

Back