• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with CPU TEMP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fallen_warrior

i just got the dragon orb 3 to replace this generic cheap fan that i had, however, i finally got the dragon orb on but a little of the thermal stuff cam off the bottom of it, would that effect that much? also am i supposed to clean off the old themal stuff form the previous fan? if so, how are u supposed to clean it? becuase so far my old generic fan kept it cooler, as a matter of fact my computer is shutting down because the CPU is getting to hot. please help

use rubbing alcohol and a soft cotten towel to remove the paste from both the cpu and the heatsink. Get some Thermal Paste from a place like Radio Shack and apply it.

Try lappin your orb, and using artic silver 2 paste.
its a lot better conducter for heat.......plus orbs arn't very good coolers. the only thing there still good for is video cards:(

Orbs are useless for overclocking, I had one and now its a mini paper shreder ;)

Global Win CAK38
Millenium Glacitor
Thermalright SK6

These are the top overclocking heatsinks, also use Arctic Silver 2. Lapping does help a lot although go gently if you do lap it you can ruin a good HSF..

Also the Fan on CAK38s and SK6s are deltas and they cool amazing!!

ALL ORBS suck
except for the Dragon Orb 3
the best way to clean the thermal paste is to use nail vanish then for any left bits just rub it off using an eraser

lennytiger said:
Orbs are useless for overclocking, I had one and now its a mini paper shreder ;)

Global Win CAK38
Millenium Glacitor
Thermalright SK6

These are the top overclocking heatsinks, also use Arctic Silver 2. Lapping does help a lot although go gently if you do lap it you can ruin a good HSF..

Also the Fan on CAK38s and SK6s are deltas and they cool amazing!!

i agree!!

and ALL ORBS SUCK

The orb cooler days were gone back around 900mhz or so, but they do make good video card coolers:)

Back