• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier switching back to default...in Windows?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

I just realized something weird has been going on with my system, I boot up right now listed at 1620, but after a few hours my multiplier seems to have reset itself without exiting Windows!! :confused: I don't think this is really possible, but getting readings of 1420. This means that the multiplier changed itself from 12X to the default of 10.5X, but not the FSB, which stays at 135.

Anybody have any clue what could be going on? It's late right
now, so I'll run some tests tomorrow.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

yeah... that sure is strange. Maybe you're BIOS is acting up? Are you sure it isn't just posting wrong when you start windows? (check you're multiplier right after you enter windows).

try reconnecting the L1 bridges if u did it yourself

personal opinion:, i think 12X is too too too high
up the fsb more

fuzzba11 said:
I just realized something weird has been going on with my system, I boot up right now listed at 1620, but after a few hours my multiplier seems to have reset itself without exiting Windows!! :confused: I don't think this is really possible, but getting readings of 1420. This means that the multiplier changed itself from 12X to the default of 10.5X, but not the FSB, which stays at 135.

Anybody have any clue what could be going on? It's late right
now, so I'll run some tests tomorrow.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

probably the cpu is not stable
give it more juice(vcore)

I'll try the extra juice, but I have checked the speed when I start and it registers as 1620. The problem with the fsb is that I lose my USB at 140, and I don't have a non-usb mouse. I'm not so sure of how my ram would take it, either, since I bought it OEM, and only know it's Samsung.

Weird, it will post at 1420 on reboot, but if I go into bios the settings say 135 x 12 like it should be, and when i exit/reboot it puts it back up to 1620...weird.

fuzzba11 said:
Weird, it will post at 1420 on reboot, but if I go into bios the settings say 135 x 12 like it should be, and when i exit/reboot it puts it back up to 1620...weird.

Where are you getting the 1420 while in Windows?

Back