• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD64 3000+ vs 3200+ - S939 WINCHESTER 512KB L2 CACHE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrIpL3-X

Which of these processors is going to give the best change of a higher overclock?

Thanks

TrIpL3-X said:

Which of these processors is going to give the best change of a higher overclock?

Thanks

Most Winchester's have about the same headroom. Above anything, just make sure you avoid CBBID stepping processors. Additionally, let me just remind you that revision E cores are right around the way, and you should probably wait for those.

deception``

It all depends on if you want an 10X multi like i wish i had...or the 9x multi...like deception said stay away from CBBID (like the one in my sig i took a gamble with newegg and lost...) i can't get it stable (it once was) at anything above 2500 without 1.63 volts and that kinda sucks...so i just run it at 2250...250x9.

Also E steppings are here in about 3 weeks...i my self and going to a SD that is why i havn't got a new chip as my 3000 is just a hold over.

Back