• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aitolos

Registered
okay i have AS5 paste i remove the HTF of my 6600gt
i clean up the cheap paste they have....but the problem is that
clean it up so quickly and i cant remember if any of the cheap paste was
on another chip except the gfx core doh i know im stupid :bang head
please be merciful.... :rolleyes:
so except the main big chip (core) i have to put some AS5 somewere else?
like gfx ram for example?
thanks for the understanding

Well, does the heatsink touch anything else?

What brand is your card?

On my Xfx, I have one heatsink that covers the GPU and one that covers the AGP bridge. They don't touch anything else, so nothing else needs paste.

It is best to use artic silver alumina adhesive to sink bga ramsinks on your memory. If you dont want it to be permanent in nature, you can mix the alumina adhesive with some artic silver ceramique.

i have said it before, and i will say it agian. AS5 does nothing....did nothing for me at all...on my GPU and my CPU. temps are exactly the same. its a gimmic, and yes i applied correctly to the T. just leave the stock paste on there.

hey jtracc20 are you getting the numbers in your sig(for the vid card)using the stock cooler? I have the exact same card and haven't really gotten to crazy with it yet cuz of crappy case cooling . . . getting some different case fans however so that should change.

_l4st_chanC3__ said:
hey jtracc20 are you getting the numbers in your sig(for the vid card)using the stock cooler? I have the exact same card and haven't really gotten to crazy with it yet cuz of crappy case cooling . . . getting some different case fans however so that should change.

yea all my benchmarks are all on stock cooling and voltage brother.

Back