• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

genjaguar

Well my generic PSu just got toasted so I need a new one. What would be the best one for my system for under $100. I was thinking the Forton 530W, Forton Blue Storm 500W, or the Vantac 520W. I'm not sure which one would be the best for my system. Also what is the point of two 12v lines?

blue storm is by far the best. The idea of two lines is to have one line power a video card and fans, and the other power the other needed items. Seems like a gimmick in my opinion.

dicecca112 said:
blue storm is by far the best. The idea of two lines is to have one line power a video card and fans, and the other power the other needed items. Seems like a gimmick in my opinion.
seperate 12v rails is to insure that your main components, ei. mobo, will always have stable power with no influence from other less important components like fans drives and what not

So how exaclty do the two 12v lines look? Are there separate lines for each set of molex connectors or am I looking at it wrong.

Also which forton guys?

Well I ordered the blue storm. Hopefully it will work well. My other PSU was a generic 550W and it didn't seem so good. Maybe that is what was holding back my oc.

Note that the Blue Storm AX500-A is a 460w PSU. It is, however, the best choice for the system in question.

dicecca112 said:

Huh? Where did you get that idea from? One goes to the Mobo and CPU and the other goes to the components like HDD, CD, and video. It's important with the newer CPUs that take a big current to have them on a separate and reliable rail from other sources of fluctuation.

Back