• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot 6600gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bohansen

Hi i just put on some AS5 on my evga 6600gt, but ever since i put it on its been idling at *edit* 70* and going up to 100 or more while gaming!

I put like around half a grain of rice worth of AS5 on the gpu, and i cleaned it with rubbing alchohal before applying. anyone know why? should i redo the whole thing?

Last edited:
Even if the AS5 isn't burnt in yet, your temps shouldn't be that high.
I thought mine was hot, it idles at 48-50* and peaks at 69-72.

You should check the contact between your heatsink and gpu. Mine rocks back and forth a bit under light pressure, which isn't good. I used some plastic spacers to create more tension in the push springs. It dropped my temps by 5 degrees.

I would redo the whole thing and make sure you keep good contact after reseating the heatsink.

well before it was idling around 65 or so and now its idling in the high 60's . so i guess its not that bad.. still goes up pretty high under load tho

Ya im still waiting to see a good comparison of the silencer 6 and the VF700-Cu

I noticed mine does tend to run kinda high under load as well but then again im looking for aftermarket cooling. I HATE the heatsink that MSI decided to put on there 6600GT PCI-E

Back