• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will the zalman ZR60D fit on an AGP 6600GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

i emailed zalman about this and they said that the thing will not fit on the AGP version, rather it'll fit on the PCI-E version. Now this seems strange to me, because i took a look at both cards, and its seems that the AGP version will be an easier fit since the mounting hole is far away from the plug, is zalman janking my chain?

no they should know there products i would think that the pci-e have smaller parts on it and the agp has bigger parts the only way to find out is to either buy both cards or get the agp version cooler for the card

A1Killer said:
no they should know there products i would think that the pci-e have smaller parts on it and the agp has bigger parts the only way to find out is to either buy both cards or get the agp version cooler for the card

there is no AGP verison cooler for the card, it's a universial cooler, the ZR60D is this gigantic heatpipe cooler for all type of graphic card that has mounting holes, and i do not trust the tech of zalman because i've looked at both of the cards, they are indentical except for the mounting place, and IMO the mounting place of the AGP version is more suitable for the cooler (because i have the cooler rite now). I'm just trying to see if anyone else have tried to put the cooler on the 6600GT AGP version.

No. Tried this on my 6800GT. The screws on the Zalman are too big. Zalman makes another VGA cooler thta will work with your card however. Unfortunatly it isnt passive and resembles their typical flower sinks

Sentential said:
No. Tried this on my 6800GT. The screws on the Zalman are too big. Zalman makes another VGA cooler thta will work with your card however. Unfortunatly it isnt passive and resembles their typical flower sinks

ok, thanks :), hehe i saw the flower one too, it's nice but i already have this, i thought i'll try to make it work, guess not, i'll probably buy a 9800pro that's on sale right now to match with the sink.

Back