• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D + Promise SATA TX4 Raid Problem!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G_Noraa

I would really appreciate your help. I have two WD 37GB raptors and a Promise FastTrack TX4 plus 66 Pci card. I want to install my OS in a Raid 0. The problem I have is that I can never access the bios of the Raid Card. I have install the pci card in the second pci 66 slot because the first one is covered by my GPU waterblock. The raid card detects the two hard drives but it always shows the message IDE BUS ENABLED and doesn’t give me the chance to configure the raid. I have tried many boot options in the KD7 Bios but I never reach the configuration of the Raid card.
If any body can help I would really appreciate it

Last edited:
Sup K7D + Promise SATA TX4 Raid Problem buddy. I had same problem and i just gave up and moved to a athlon 64 setup lol. I tried manny things but nothing would work. Good luck.

I would try removing all drives and run just the card,Also there has to be a series of keys like CTRL and F1 or something that will bring the cards bios up when it is booting ..

Thank you for your answers. That is the weird thing, I never get the key series. The card is detected as I see the post message and the the 2 drives attached. I will try to run it in a different system and check if I can reflash the bios with a newer version.

I have tried everything. Even when I try to flash the bios of the card, it says no controller found but the card has post. I have tried it in a different computer and nothing, the same problem. I belive I will have to scrap the card.

I will try to RMA and I will post again. I have tried the card in two more different rigs and I can never get to reach the cards bios. I have tried to flash it and it always say NO CARD FOUND, but you can see that the card it´s there and it recognizes my hard drives. Will see.....
Thank you for your posts

Back