• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S800 Vcore Voltage Celeron D 320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chriswebuk

Hi I have just built a new system with a Celeron D 320, it is running at stock speed. I am worried as the V Core is showing up as 1.55v in CPU-Z and asus probe. The motherboard I have is an Asus P4S800. Is the voltage to high? Is there any way I can lower it, the voltage is set to auto in the bios and in manual it is impossible to select a lover voltage than the current one.

celeron.JPG

Chris

You are at the top limit of voltage spec for this processor. I would test this processor in another motherboard and another processor in this motherboard. If the problem is the board which it would seem to me to be then RMA would be a method to deal with this inordinately high voltage event.

Click here fore Celeron D 320 Intel Spec

R

Hi

Thanks for the reply. This is my first Intel system for years I have been an AMD man for a while, so I cant try the CPU in a different motherboard. I think I will contact ASUS support and see what they say.

Thanks

Chris

Hi

i have tryed ASUS suport on their website it seems to be down (wont let me submit responce)

Anyone got any ideas whether the motherboard is actually broke? I dont want to return it if there is nothing wrong. Also is there a change the CPU may have been damaged?

Thanks

Chris

Back