• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Password to get in Login Menu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Visual

Everytime I turn my computer on, I need a password to get to login menu. How can I remove the whole password to login menu setup?

[Edit] This is on Windows XP btw, also its a black screen with the letters:

Enter CURRENT Passoword:

Start | Run | Type...control userpasswords2 and click OK | On the "Users" tab, clear the "Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer" check box and then click OK | In the "Automatically Log On" dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.

To make the Welcome screen available...Start | Control Panel | Double-click User Accounts | Click "Change the way users log on or off" | Click to select the "Use the Welcome screen for fast and easy logon" check box | Click OK.

To turn off Guest account access...Start | Control Panel | Double-click User Accounts | Click the Guest account | Click "Turn off Guest access".

To remove the password from the user account...Start | Control Panel | Double-click User Accounts | Click the user account | Click "Remove my password" | Type the password in the "Type your current password" box, and then click Remove Password.

The above steps will also enable auto logon, and you will no longer be prompted to choose the user and enter a password.

are you getng to the windows boot screen? or is it the BOIS load screen if it is the bios load screen then turn the system off and pull the cmos battery after a min put it back in and reboot

Back