• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network problem with P5AD2-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastiff

OK, this is not an overclocking question, but I can't find a forum anywhere on the net that deals with Asus and general questions, like the forum that MSI has. Maybe I just didn't Google long enough?

Anyway, I have this board with the gigabit LAN set up with a static ip (192.168.0.25), and still it has a small icon in the system tray every time I start up, where it says "getting network address". Why? If I open the properties for that card and then close them with OK the icon dissappears, if not it will stay there for as long as the computer's running. Can somebody please help me with this?

There are multiple network ports on this board and if you have the Premium then you have WiFi as well. Are you sure that isn't your WiFi port?

In properties, you can have the icon not be displayed. If you have multiple network connections enabled and only one is connected, the others will not be able to find a network and will display the icon.

I have disabled all other network ports, including the firewire. Also when I rest my mouse over the icon, the name is the onboard port, the only one that's still enabled.

Back