• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a PSU, suggestions please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

I know cheap isn't always best, but I need a cheap psu to power the following. A AMD Sempron 2300, 1 hdd, 1 dvd drive and I will be using the onboard audio/video/lan. This rig will mostly be a cheap backup and probably used for folding. Any suggestions.

speed bump said:
I would try out a Fortron 350 as its only $29 high quality and plenty of power for that system.
Linky

I was thinking the same thing, I seen this suggested for another rig, but wasn't sure if it would power what I have planned. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem since I'm using all onboard stuff and no OC'ing. Plus I have a Fortron on my main rig and love it.

Thxs.

I would avoid the HiQ brand stuff. According to some of the other members on this forum, it's made to a lower standard and is based on an older model than the standard Fortron brand stuff. So you might be better off buying either the Fortron 300W model for $32 (they raise the price of the HiQ to $31 but lowered the shipping on both, so you end up paying the same), or upgrade to the Fortron 350W for $45. Hope that helps. :)

Jacky L.

Back