• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using ATItool on My 6800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

Works great! Took me a couple of hours to get my exact max OC with no artifacts using coolbits for the clock settings then running the scan for artifacts feature of AtiTool.(everything else is disabled) just thoguht I'd pass this along to the nVidia owners.

i really like the technique that ati tool uses to find max oc, is there anything like that for nvidia?

excellent find!
hmm.. is there a tool similar to atitool for nvidia cards or is coolbits it?

As far as i know coolbits is it. I upgraded from a 9800 pro and had always used Atitool to test for artifacts so when I read it had some support for non ATI cards I fired it up. Now If I could get the source code......

I dunno, I just use PowerStrip & test using Far Cry generally. I dont use Coolbits at all, it doesnt like me unlocking even to just 12x6, and wont let me pass at 1MHz above stock. ATITool lets me go up to 451/900, but nothing after that. Ive been able to have higher clocks than that even, and I can tell if a clock works by going into an area of Farcry with shadows & lights, and look for very visible artifacts. Even the F@H display shows artifacts for me when an OC is too high, so I dont really need ATITool, good for other people though definately.

I use AtiTool to find my max "Daily' overclock with no artifacts I can run the card higher but I only do that for benching. I try to avoid the manual detecion of artifacts cause I dont trust my eyes :)

I tried it and it works good but my settings eused to be 425/1100 and using the artifact detector I found out that my memory was set too high. My new artifact free settings are 430/1080. You people that claim you're getting stable numbers like 440/1200 should try it out and see you're not as stable as you thought. ; )

OMG, REALLY!!!

That is awsome. I love ATI tool. One of the greatest programs ever. 100kb memory footprint and sooooooo effective. I really missed it upgrading from my 9500pro.

Hmm. Cool that there are lots of positive results for the artifact finder. I always figured it was such a basic render that it couldn't possibly be reliable/find a stable OC, since it didn't stress it as much as other games. Guess I was wrong. I always equated it to the BS overclocking tool on some soltek mobo's, where the CPU is OCd till the computer won't boot anymore, then it backs off by a few MHZ. Yeah, that'll be stable... :rolleyes:

Back