• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG Stiffed me again???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loks

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them in January and I was missing my CPU, DVD BURNER, and RAM and had to let them know i didnt receive it. They immediately sent a replacement shipment at no cost. Then I ordered over $1600 from them last week and when i got the box yesterday i noticed no CPU nor Motherboard!!!!! What the hell!!! I called them back and told them about the issue and now they want to investigate it because it was an LGA 775 3.8Ghz CPU and DFI Lanparty Mobo. How are they going to investigate? Come to my home and look at the box? Now they say they cant ship it until the investigation is done in 24-48 hours!!!!! I will not pay for the CPU since i didnt receive it!!!! ANy thoughts? :bang head

alright, lets say you run an online store.

someone orders a mobo and a cpu and you send it.

they claim it wasnt in the box.

you think its weird, since you are a very large online store and have very few complaints of this sort. (they could be ripping you off)

you agree to re-send it.

they claim they dont recieve it for another cpu and mobo.

are you just going to send it again? i dont think so. according to your records, you have already sent 3 sets and the only thing you have is their word that they didnt get it.

they cant just keep sending you stuff, they have to find out where the discrepency is.

Last edited:
I agree with Zip. If it happens one time, ok you give the customer the benefit of the doubt. When it happens again...a red flag goes up. I would be leary and investigate to if I was Newegg.

yea.. a proc and mobo like that isnt cheap, so a investigation is only to be expected.
i know you ****ed, no doubt about that, but give it the day or two so they can find the rat/problem :)

This is why you don't order in a package, i order one item at a time, espeically with newegg where they charges shipping for each item seperately, this is easier to keep track in my bank account, and it ensure that i'll get my stuff.

The only time that i order multiple items is when shipping is cheaper for combine items, i've never had this problem before.

warlock110 said:
This is why you don't order in a package, i order one item at a time, espeically with newegg where they charges shipping for each item seperately, this is easier to keep track in my bank account, and it ensure that i'll get my stuff.

The only time that i order multiple items is when shipping is cheaper for combine items, i've never had this problem before.

Interesting concept. I like it. Never thought of that myself. Not mention if they are going to charge you the same amount to ship together then you might as well let them package each piece.:)

Man that sucks, I had kind of seem thing with SVC. I open my box look inside and some stuff is missing(it was pretty small stuff compared to a mobo) any way I call them and they say "oh sorry by the time we proccessed your order it was sold out, so we toke them off your payment." what sucks is they were on a really good sal price. Any way good luck and I wouldnt worry to much hopefuly newegg calls back and says yeah we found the problam and sent your product to you last night.

Not really acurate, Newegg will give shipping discounts if you add things to your order, sure they aren't much, but I just got some memory from them, 2 seperate sticks. They wanted $4 to ship apiece, but when I got 2 of them, they only charged $3 apiece, although still a rip off for sodimms, it was still cheaper then the initial price.

And hold tight, I am sure that they will find the problem and you will get your situation resolved, although it might not be in your time frame as you would like.

warlock110 said:

INGENIUS!!!

Edit: Since this is about 'loks' I guess I'll throw something in here for him too. Newegg sends you, by email, a list of what was sent with the tracking number. I just ordered a single order last thurs and ended up getting 3 tracking numbers with 3 completely seperate packages!! I didn't have a problem with this, because they told me what tracking # contained what. It is en route right now so you will see back in here very soon like this :mad: if anything is messed up. Other than that, open your eyes jigga, newegg be da ISH!!

Back