• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct - The mysterious Disapearing order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bal`thzar

I ordered a bare bones kit that tiger direct had on sale for $99 after rebates.

I got my confirmation Email

Order is not in processing, I check the website nothing order number is there nothing else.

I get the old "I'm sorry sir it must have been deleted accidentially"

funny thing is that the sales page is gone, the other offers with parts of that combination are gone and miraculously my order is gone :rolleyes: I guess they were putting me in the dummy category and thought I would got for it.

I couldn't find my confirmation Email in my laptop so the guy tells me I am out of luck

as luck would have it I checked Tiger Directs website in my account information and low and behold there is the email so I call them back today and start the whole process over again.

After talking to a sales person I discover, (after telling him that I suspect that my order was accidentally lost because of the coincidental removal of the sale the same day even though is had 2 more to go) that they apparantly were out of stock on that case now. So we start to build the same package sans the case. the price comes out to $65 more than the sale price I paid

I calmly informed him that I expect the price to be adjusted down so that I am only Paying the $99 that was the original price after rebates. I get put on hold for the third time, (why do I picture him going back and forth to his supervisor for authorization)

Long story short they drop the price $65 to compensate for the difference and I go away happy

Lessons Learned

1. Persistence pays off

2. ALWAY Keep you Emails

they Debited my account last night and I got the order Email today.

the key with customer support is be firm but be polite

and frankly I have never had a real problem with TigerDirect making things right.

an order I had placed a couple of years ago I thought was missiing a floppy drive (it was actually under a box) I called and they sent me a replacement out without problems.

I also order a considerable ammount of hardware for work that I do, ( I think a lot of their customer service is based on the $ that you have spent over your account history ) most companies take care of their volume clients.

Both Orders now shipped

sigh well it is a good deal <shrug> now I just have to throw another HD and CDR in the second one and sell it.

Bal`thzar said:
I also order a considerable ammount of hardware for work that I do, ( I think a lot of their customer service is based on the $ that you have spent over your account history ) most companies take care of their volume clients.

While that's great for you, you're basically saying a new or "less important" customer would have been SOL in this situation... which doesn't paint a very good picture. Coincidentally, it's the same picture I've always had painted of TD. Thanks to ocforums I've read the repeat negative reviews of TD by other members, and thanks to ocforums I haven't needed to buy there. With so many quality and reputable online vendors I wonder why anyone even bothers to order from tiger direct anymore...

Bal`thzar said:
Lessons Learned

1. Persistence pays off

2. ALWAY Keep you Emails

thats y i love gmail so much, keep em forever and you can search for it!

but yea.. i had a bad experience w/tigerdirect a while back
newegg all the way - just gotta watchout so you get the lowest price :)

well.. now that your got the ordering done with and shipped.. good luck with those tiger direct rebates... i will never shop with them.. ever

Back