• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake armour modding questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Hey guys, i wanted to know if anyone has modded this case yet, iv seen a few peoples pics of it, but i havnt seen anyone do some extra mods for it.

When they finally release this case in Australia and i pick one up, this is what im gonna do to it and id like opinions or advice form those that own one as to whether this can be done before i invest in one.

firstly, i want to mount two PSU's in it, one mounted up where its supposed to be, and one mounted next to it where that silly extra HDD cage gets mounted.
The idea being to fit another generic 300W psu where the second HDD cage + the 92mm exhaust fan is side ways like the 1st psu is mounted. The problem i guess will be the intake fan on the bottom of my primary PSU, so what im gonna do is flip the primary PSU around so the bottom fan on psu faces the motherboard side area of the case then cut out a 80mm fan hole in the side, thus it will suck cool air from outside the case in through PSU and out again. im surprised no one has done this yet.

Secondly i want some more air flow in the case, so guess whats gonna happen to the side window, yep thats right a 120mm blue fan, as intake or ducted exhaust depending on what HSF i go with, and i might remove all the extra metal on the window, leaving the two locking mechanisms or removing them fully so i have one large window with plenty of room for 120mm fans.

also, to mount 120mm fans in the front is there pre done holes to do this for more than one 120mm fan or do u have to buy another 2 of the cages? i dont want anymore of those cages but i do want at least 2 120mm's in front, so am i gonna have to rig up my own mounting system for that?

Lastly since i will have so much intake airflow, where would be a good place to set up another exhaust fan in the case since the 92mm for HDD cage up top wont be there anymore??

:) :)
cheers..

Back