• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad News...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_15

Drunken Master JNCIE Senior
Well guys, I lost a good chunk of my borgs today... :cry:

Apparantley, FAH overworked some of our older borgs (ones that weren't meant to be borged, btw) and killed one (A cheapie pII 400 mhz), as well as preventing our AV updates to go through... got a lot of resource errors. Anyways, because of the snag, I was forced to remove FAH from half my borgs... and when the rest of the computers are re-imaged this summer, I'll lose the rest.

:cry:

I am going to retry and convice the admin that it won't hurt the proper machines and that my error was at fault... not FAH itself. But it's not looking too good ATM. :cry:

EDIT: He was impressed that I had a quick exit strategy thanks to Helsyeah's Uninstaller script. :eh?:

On a more positive note, I am building a dually Xeon server and also realized that the FAH deployer did not fully deploy FAH at work. I may have a few more borgs that can compensate for the half I will be missing soon. I also have an internship coming up over the summer and I may have another shot at some more borgs.

I'll keep you posted on what I can do. So I may not get you now Nik and Wedo, but one day...
one day I will.

Build, Borg, Recruit...

And FOLD ON!

-dark_15
Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness...

Sorry to hear that Dark. I wasn't looking forward to you blowing past me. But, i'd much rather that happen than the team lose your massive pwnage.

ChasR said:
Sorry to hear that Dark. I wasn't looking forward to you blowing past me. But, i'd much rather that happen than the team lose your massive pwnage.

ditto. im sorry about loosing the borg, good luck with it though

FAH is like a virsu. It spreads through machines killing ones not worthy of living or just not stable enough. Sucks about borgs though and good luck on new ones.

I lost my borgs also. Had to tighten up the firewall settings here at work. Since doing this FAH can't get recieve work units......

Dark, in the great words of Homer: Doh....

bummer dude, i was looking forward to a 3-way shoot out at the top producers... your pwnage will be missed... best of luck on your future endevors.. theres gotta be a lab or two at the university you can get borged :D.

Dark15

I hate to see those borgs go down, but you put up some impressive numbers in a short time! I am sure you will find more borgs.

Good luck, and thanks for the help with the team.

E :beer:

Back