• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I usually don't buy premade computers, its cheaper and funner (usually) to build your own. BTW should of posted this in General Hardware section :)

But if you really want a prebuilt computer then this is a nice machine. Never delt with ABS before on tech support or warranty work, but a year onsite is nice.

Seems a little pricy. You could save hundreds of dollars if you built it yourself. Going by the specs only it is a pretty good system.

With pre built systems it's usually a case like Dell where you could never build is as cheaply, but they throw in some cheap parts that you wouldn't use on a home built machine. When a company uses quality parts then the price is such that you can build it yourself more cheaply. This system does appear to be made of quality parts, not what I would pick but quality nonetheless, and the price is a very good one. You would be hard pressed to build it significantly cheaper as you'd have to pay shipping for all of the individual parts. I'd say it's a pretty good deal for someone without the time or inclination to build it for them selves.

Yeah, if you don't want to spend the time building a computer and you want performance, that does look like it has some very nice components in it. Personally, I'd be hard pressed to get the price much lower than that, especially with the parts that it has on it.

rseven said:
With pre built systems it's usually a case like Dell where you could never build is as cheaply, but they throw in some cheap parts that you wouldn't use on a home built machine. When a company uses quality parts then the price is such that you can build it yourself more cheaply. This system does appear to be made of quality parts, not what I would pick but quality nonetheless, and the price is a very good one. You would be hard pressed to build it significantly cheaper as you'd have to pay shipping for all of the individual parts. I'd say it's a pretty good deal for someone without the time or inclination to build it for them selves.
I would have to agree:)

Back