• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What results have you gotten with the SVC Goldengate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Just curious as to what other people have gotten with this heatsink. I just got radiate running again, and i seem to be gettig a C/W of about .32, way to high for this heatsink. Any ideas.

I'm guessing that you're using the insocket thermistor and onboard system thermistor for ambient and chip temps. This is likely the reason you have such a high C/W. Without a good temp monitoring system you can't really get a good reading on how well your new hsf is doing...except by stability and ability to overclock more. :)

No, i am using a compunurse for all temp readings, ambiant read near the fan intake, and CPU temp read at the edge of the core. and yes its the delta version. Acording to the overclockers.com review of the OCZ Gladiator, which is the same as the Golden Gate, the C/W should be around .22.

You should try turning the fan around to suck off, i gained myself a couple of degrees this way.

Oh. Well then...um you might wanna double check to make sure you've got some good contact on the core...your thermistor just might be pushing it up a little bit..causing the higher temps. Or you might just have a bad seating.

Otherwise I have no idea.

I really hate noise, so my comparison with the Goldengate SVC 30 and my PAL 6035 with a Sunon fan was my comparison, the Alpha is quieter and kept the CPU cooler by atleast 7C at full load, now my Goldengate collects dust :(

Jim

PS: but it was a very easy install to put on, the easiest HSF that I ever put on a tbird.

Just yesterday i took the heatsink off and relapped and applied new ASII. I think i droped a degree or two, but thats it. I did check the thermistor when i had it off aswell, looks like its fine.

Back