• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People who think they know everything about computers Part II: Teh College students

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

People who think they know everything about computers Part II: Teh College students

as a follow up to my "Girls who think they know everything about computers", here is part II, Teh College STudents!

In short, these convos are between me and 2 students that attend Tri C community college......its not the best, in all honesty, but i try to make the best of it.

The names are the aliases from Trillian/Adium X. My screen name is Cr8l0fFilthfreak, if you Im me just say who you are.

Convo 1:

Backround: This guy, is 20 years old. He lives in strongsville, his mommy and daddy bought his computer. Its an HP lappy, at 3.0ghz. We both make short indie films, the difference between us is, what i try to do looks professional. I would like to get into videography and possibly CG as a living.Hes just another trying to spoof Jackass, he souly beleives that whatever he films is soo funny, it never needs to be edited and everyone will buy it.. Anytime someone makes something better, with the use of their computer and camera, he throws a fit saying his is automatically better. Anything requiring work, knowledge of video , he shys away from. He starts fights with everyone, then runs. I dont even know why i tried talking to him at one point.

Basically hes jealous hes still shooting hi8 and his parents wont buy him a new cam. Im shooting miniDV, on my sig rig, but its been upgraded to 1gb ram, and soon to come nvidia 5700Le hacked to a quadro.

If you recall my post on "how do i bust a war driver?", this is the guy

Tony: You owe me a new laptop
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: um ok?
Tony: you do you a**
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: and why did you decide this?
Tony: since your godd*** program fried it
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: oh, i didnt know i owned programs but ok
Tony: your adobe premiere burned out my lappy
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: MY adobe premiere?
Tony: yes
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: look at the name, its adobe's,
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: and im willing to bet you pirated it
Tony: im willing 2 bet u did urs
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: not so, student discount at the Tri-c book store, its 200$
Tony: yea right, well u can use ur left over $$ for my laptop
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: hah. fat chance
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: and why do i owe you? because your precious laptop couldnt handle what my 2 year old dually rig can?
Tony: shut up.
Tony: my laptop will outperform your crappy computer any day
Tony: that is if it doesnt turn in2 a fountain
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: fountain?
Tony: that stoopid watercooling crap ur trying 2 do
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: i like a quiet machine cool thank you
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: and what exactly happened to your precious laptop?
Tony: my precious laptop burned out its CPU trying 2 render our awesome footage
Tony: its better than anything ull ever make
Tony: and the guy said it was because of premiere and that the ram timmings tried going faster than they could
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: and thats my fault?
Tony: yes because you made amovie, and now Huha needs to
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: .....
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: i made a movie for my brothers german class , that has no relation to anything at tri-c
Tony: Its still on the Jello's record
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: jello?
Tony: you guys are Embrace The Jello
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: Dude, that was from a movie a year ago in english class. my freind saw someone wrote that on the back of a ruler and thats what we called our group for that 1 film.
Tony: well until u guys get another name thats what u are
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: until we get a better name? newsflash, potter moved to florida, pat is off at kent, and kyles going nowhere. there is no "group"
Tony: i am iron, i am the force of huha
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: good for that
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well im going, when you get your precious lappy back try learning avid, that is if it can handle it
Tony: shut up, it will handle it
Tony: avid can s**k my b***z
Tony: no 1 uses avid ne more
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: uuhh huuuuuh, you go on beleiving that
Tony: thats what the professor told me
Tony: he also told me your movies are terrible
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: oh im sure he did, especially since ive never been in his class
Tony: f*** u!
Tony: u stoopid blind f****t
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: drive the car your daddy bought you down here and say that
Tony: no
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: alright, ill just come find you at school tomorrow and see if you have the guts to be this much of an arrogant idiot to my face
Tony signed off at 11:38pm on 3/21/05

he literally dodges me at school i may be visually impaired, but that doesnt mean anything. my god hes 20 years old! and how can a program burn out a CPU? unless he put the HS on wrong or something...

crap ill put up the next one in an hour, my gf came over to take me to the book store.

LMAO thats classic... i wanna make my own website where i just get stupid quotes from idiots who think they know 'bout comps

man, i beat that guy.. im 13!!!

Thats funny as crap. The way he talks makes him sounds like a little child, him wanting you to get him a new lappy and his reason why is just retarded. Any way good luck with your fountian

girls who know everything about computers, its funny as hell.
This is great, what an idiot, man i love that part when he said the prof said your movies suck, classic.

Sometimes girls, like myself, have to get a little defensive because guys are so quick to put us down. :)

we have about 8-10 computer savvy kids in my E-N-T-I-R-E school. and 4 out of them are in my grade so you see in what position i stand?
all the "cool" kids asking one another about computers...so funny to listen to.
if i remember somthing they said il post it.
btw that is so damn funny...you Pr06r4/\/\ |-|4X0R LOL

Part I:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=333904

Ok sorry about that disruption. Gf didnt call in advance like she said she would!

Convo 2:

Backround: Ok this is my friend bob, he lives about 2 minutes from me. Ive known him since 5th grade, lost contact with him in highschool since he was homeschooled (rough). Hes a nice guy, just alittle off. Hes 20? yea just turned 20...anyways here it is

Cr8l0ffilthfreak: hey man whats up?
Bob: nm man you?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: not a whole lot, editing a video, not going well...
Bob: that sux how come?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: eh, windows is giving me its usual treatment of random errors, render things with no sound, lag, freeze, for no real reason
Bob: lol
Bob: yeh
Bob: r dell runs soo slow now
Cr8l0ffilthfreak:...thats because its a dell
Bob: ....yeh lol
Bob: and we have AOL dialup :p
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: lol good stuff bob
Bob: oh yeh
Bob: so i was looking to buy a comp at Sams club
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: why not build one?
Bob: cause i dunno how
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: ill help ya out dude
Bob: whered you learn to do that?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: internet, books, experience
Bob: what????
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: yea? ive been doing it since freshmen year at high school
Bob: dude i thought you had to go to skool to learn that
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: hhahaha well you could, but you dont have to
Bob: sweet
Bob: i think ill still buy one though
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well i if you change your mind ill hlep ya out.
Bob: what comp would you buy?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well, in all honesty, i hate all store bought computers. had nothing but bad luck with them
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: i am however interesting in buying a machine i cant build
Bob: hah oh what has met your high standards?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: a power mac, dual G5
Bob: rotfl
Bob: dude, dont buy a mac,they suxxx!
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well i know people arent big fans of em, but whats your reasoning?
Bob: i dunno they just suck!
Bob: i like xp better
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: fair enough, but theyre better suited for what i do, video editing, DVD authoring, CG work
Bob: yeh but you cant game
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: im notta gamer, most i play is quake 3, and there is a mac/win/lin version
Bob: lin?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: linux
Bob: well macs are dumb
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: why? i mean i could run XP on Vmware in backround, seemless integration so i have complete file and print sharing, also run some smaller apps in xp but i wouldnt even really need to
Bob: well theyre different i dont like change
Bob: my IT 1020 teacher says not to bother with linux and mac that windows is the best and everything is obsolete
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: why am i not amazed a teacher at the community college said something so stupid?
Bob: lol i dnk, but we have linux at work
Bob: and its always down
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: you mean on a little cash register?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: all text based?
Bob: yeh, all 386 machines
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: hah! thats the problem
Bob: i kno i wish i worked downtown, id upgrade them all to up to date
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: lol im sure you would bob
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: so you dont like change, but your going into computer science and IT?
Bob: yeh
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: ..you know everything we know now is going to be way different in jsut a few short years?
Bob: yeh, but im staying on xp
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: but how will you help others? everyone else will be on longhorn, or whatever M$ decides to throw out
Bob: well i like my XP, what will u be on in a few years?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: if i have my way, mac osx, backed by a render farm of my old duallys running linux, and for fun some of those SGI machines...always thought itd be neat to learn 3D on one of those...but years from now who knows, probably wont be mac osx
Bob: wont be mac cause they suck
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: lol you go on thinkin that man
Bob: lol ok
Bob: ill see you tmr in the galleria
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: alright, later

Haha, this guy is very funny. I must say to not to be rude but I sure hope that school starts doing a better job at teaching home because right now he dosnt seem to know much about computers.

hah, dude, they take their finals on the computers there...he gets them back afterwards, i saw the questions itsa joke!

honestly, things we know a great deal about, CPU, Video card, Difference between RISC and CISC, its nothing more than vocabulary for them. I currently tested out of the "Advanced IT corse" if you pay half the tuition and pass an entry test highly you get the credit *yawn* i dont feel challenged there lol, so i kinda feel bad for these people...im just trying to make the best of it

i hate tony..i do lol this isnt comp related, just see how dumb this guy is

backround on this, our community college offers video/cinematography classes. alright, i was thinking about taking some, but this idiot decided he wanted to as well. he already has this mind set that everyone else will not be able to make anything worth watching except him, and that if i am in the class, it will have some competition, but he will always "win"

I see it as hey its just a class, chances are ill meet people to work with, but i decided i wanted to learn welding in the summer, just as a new trade and if im ever stuck for a job, why not have a certification in something that useful? i decided last september i wasnt taking anything "fun" until i finish all prerequisits for my next college (tri c is 2 year college)

he just opens with this

Tony: so, take television production this summer
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: nah im taking welding i already told you
Tony: y do u have 2 b like that?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: what?
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: its my tuition, my choice, and my future, im not going to waste my time screwing around "competeing" with you
Tony: if u dont take that class there will be no competition
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well good, then you can appear to be better than someone for once
Tony: i could teach u welding in a half hour
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: dude, you cant figure out that it really wasnt me who damaged your laptop, why would i beleive you know anything about welding? you dont have the MIG/TIG, arch, oxyacetelene setup or anything, more importantly you cant even do certification, youd be lucky if you could solder a pipe
Tony: well im smarter, u should do it my way
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: well good for you
Tony: so its decided, take welding next spring
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: its decided, your an idiot
Tony: u just wait, when i steal a miniDV cam im going to get HUHA on your a**
Tony: just u wait
Cr8l0ffilthfreak: im waiting
Tony: F*** U!
Tony: ur just going to end up working at block buster
Adium: Tony became inactive on April 2nd, 2005

now, he has in fact been known to stalk people with his stupid camera. If you look he was the war driver, and my neighbor, who is a cop caught him trying to break into HIS modem (the cop and i have the same ones). OBVIOSLY he doesnt know the legality behind videography. You cannot film any 1 person for an extended period of time without their conscent. Now filming many people for a short time, all EQUAL times, is legal. but he will concentrate on just myself, and probably a few friends. Now hes dumb enough to put it on a webserver, along with his warez, and laugh. I will download it, and take it straight to a lawyer and call horassment....maybe also mention hes 20, his gf is 15 and hes running a warez server out of his closet...

speaking of which, when he puts his precious little FTP server back up, who can i notify to bring him down? the company of the programs hes giving away?

yea, he left me all these messges saying that if i didnt take the class he was going to kill me...lol how can i take the class if he kills me? anyways taht just got annoying so i didnt bother to post...

glad you guys enjoyed it, i always get some intelligent souls.

I have 1 guy, whos still running win95, but its not funny..i felt bad cause they cant get anything new ...he was going to give me the parts from his win98 machine as payment to fix his win95...so im just going to combine the comps and let him be on his happy way.

oh this is nothing, you shoulda seen it 2 years ago, with stupid little sophomores and juniors fighting over me....

This isnt drama, this is someone whos obviously never grown up trying to cause drama and throwing a temper tantrum because i wont go along with it

Back