• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reducing Vcore stopped throttling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't increasing the Vcore necessarily make the CPU run hotter?
So in a way it is all about "cooling"
It's about the temp of your processor, and running a higher Vcore means more heat, and too much heat means throttling.

If I were you I'd ditch the stock crap, you're not going to get very far with that. And if you're throttling, you're overclocking too much.

Still though, nice overclock on stock. --Lutzy

Lutzy said:
Doesn't increasing the Vcore necessarily make the CPU run hotter?
So in a way it is all about "cooling"
It's about the temp of your processor, and running a higher Vcore means more heat, and too much heat means throttling.

If I were you I'd ditch the stock crap, you're not going to get very far with that. And if you're throttling, you're overclocking too much.

Still though, nice overclock on stock. --Lutzy

my mobo/cpu/ram combo overclocks pretty well, ive hit 4ghz on stock voltage, however ur 100% right about the stock cooling, but ive got some shippin issues were i live (jordan - middle east) thats why i cant buy a good cooler unless iam gonna buy some 1k$+ deal so the shippin fee will be worth it..

ur right too about the vcore vs heat thing, thats why i posted, normally id do this stage without decreasing vcore, i used to get more temps and throttling, and even less pcmark score, now.. no throttling and i gained 450pcmarks on pcmark04

Back