• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Tbird 1.4 AYHJA Y How to overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TECRIDER

Registered
My main question is how far can I overclock this CPU comfortably?

On a new system should I burn it in as it is- first- then overclock or do it from the get go?

How do I start without making mistakes for a Newbee?

This is my first built system to be-

IWill KA266R Motherboard
AMD Tbird 1.4 AYHJA Y
VANTEC CCK-6035D Copper Heatsink and 38CFM Fan.
500 watt ATX Switching Power Supply Leadman Model LP-6100E
2- 60GB Western Digital HDrives for the Raid Feature
2-256 MB DDR Ram

Thanks in advance for any help!!

First try to increase the FSB and if that doesent work then you must clock with the multiplier. I have 1ghz athlon FSB266 and i clocked it with the FSB normaly its 133 but i increset to 160 and the system is very stable without problems my temperature is 36idle and 44load. Best method is chance the FSB and then multiplier. I dont now how far you can overclockit your multiplier is 10.5 and if the FSB is 160 you get 1680mhz out of it

Thanks for the advice!!!

The reason I asked what settings to set comfortably is because on this motherboard you set the multipliers with jumpers and I didn't want to keep setting these every time I wanted to change it. Also because I'm new to all this and am building my first system and didn't want to mess it all up somehow.

I also happen to see not to many people using the Vantec heatsink and didn't know if their could be a limit I should push this chip with this heatsink.

Back