• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS8-RAID & USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quint

Registered
I am building new computer with AS8 mobo, P4 3.0, WD 160 SATA HDD, XP Home. I have never set up a RAID array. Wanted to set up a RAID 1 mirror. I went to install the RAID drivers from ABIT driver cd, but got a message that the 865 chipset did not support RAID? I am confused because this is one reason I purchased this mobo. I have the SATA chipset set in the Enhanced mode in the bios. There is a SATA driver floppy that also came with the mobo, but I had no success installing any of that. What am I doing wrong & what do I need to do.

This is an older version of XP, I think with SP1. Is there a USB driver conflict with this mobo? I have one driver that will not install. I have not had time to update the service pack. Help with this will also be appreciated. Thanks!!

You might need to enable the RAID first in the BIOS before installing the drivers.

If you didn't have one of the USB drivers install, try manually installing it using the update from Microsoft website method.

Back