• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba makes 60x faster charging battery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
toshiba-battery.jpg
Toshiba has announced a new lithium-ion battery that can be recharged to 80 percent of its capacity in just one minute and it loses only 1 percent of its capacity after 1000 cycles of charging and discharging. Filling the battery up completely takes just "a few more minutes", the company said. This is said to be about 60 times faster than the typical lithium-ion batteries and the fastest charging battery to date.

The new battery will start appearing in commercial products in 2006. It will first be used in the automotive and industrial industries but will likely hit the PDA and Smartphone market as well.
http://clie.pdablast.com/articles/2005/3/2005329-Toshiba-Makes-Fast-Charging.html

hehe... it would be nice to charge my pda in 5 minutes :D or charge it in 1! its a frequent problem for me that i forget to charge my phone, laptop, pda so i try to do it in the 45 minutes or so that i have in the morning

Back