• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics card fan control question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lutzy

Registered
Should I have my fan on my graphics card always on 100% or should I have it temperature controlled? --Lutzy

Temp controlled is better for noise.

You wont see any decrease in load temps at max speed unless your vid card doesnt get hot enough for the fan to not go to 100%. You will see a drop in temp at idle and just normal usage.

If noise is an issue, temp controlled, if heat is an issue, 100%. If it is on temp control, it will go to 100% if it needs it though.

I had it set to temp control and it would never go above ~67% while trying using ATI Tools to find my max core/mem speeds.

Think I'll be able to overclock better if I leave it on full blast 100%?

Also is there anything other than acoustics to gain by not leaving it on temp controlled? Cause I could really care less how it sounds, I'm all about performance. --Lutzy

i found that temp controle sucks cause it uses the temp it finds not the temp of the core till its to late and then you either lose your card or cpu or your card or cpu over heats and just shutsdown

Back