• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Master-L and pin-mod Mobile 2400+ Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slugman

Hello!

I own a MSI K7D Master-L Mainboard and bought a pair of Mobile Athlon XP-M 2400+.
I patched the Bios 1.91 to 0.09 for the SMP capabilities and now wanted to unlock the higher multipliers so I did the pin mod trick.

Okay, but the multiplicators dont go to 24x only to the 13,5 by 133 FSB for CPU1 and, more confusing, 14,0 by 133 FSB for CPU2.

Can someone help me or tell me what went wrong there? Or do I still have to connect some bridge on the CPUs?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums first off...

And Ill be right back after I peek at the stickies where I am sure your answer lies,I beleive it is in this thread where you will find the info you seek..

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=221503

If you use the search function and or review each area of intrest you will find at the top of each area Stickies which cover almost all the basic questions to common questions..GL ...

Last edited:
Hello!

Thanks! But I already read all these, tried the pin-mod also the modified versions of it (where more than 2 pins in pairs get connected) - result was today:
one Mobile 2400+ KILLED.

I now gave the other one to a friend who´s able to clock it in an EPOX 8K3A+
by around 2,4 Ghz.

I think I´ll switch to real MPs again, when money comes available.

QUESTION: On ebay I saw some XP 2800+ FSB 266, are these for real? Or would the best solution be the MP 2800+ ? By also keeping in mind that the XPs need 1,65v and the MPs are rated 1,6v.

Greetings.

Back