• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Navi's laughing at me right now...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I've almost had it, but not quite (this is afterall a 3-credit project so it needs to get done) :bang head

Specs in sig. What's been happening is that my SATA CD drive isn't detected, but a regular IDE drive is. Next step: try to at least install Win98 from the IDE CD drive...maybe then I'll at least be able to see if the Plextor is detected by Windows.

Trying to reflash to newest bios last night, a floppy drive that had previously been working is now not detected. Check cabling; ribbon cable connector is slightly loose but it's in there and power connector is solid ($%#! floppy drives...connections can only be properly seen when drive is out of the case, but cables aren't long enough to connect before installing drive).

someone in another section mentioned that they had to enable sata raid in order for the sata cd drive to be recognized. its worth a shot

Reflash via floppy worked this time; checksum error on initial reboot but everything seems fine now.

I was able to fdisk my HDD; I may try later tonight to install an OS using my spare IDE CD drive.

Promise RAID is enabled, but my Plextor is not showing up in boot device config (odd, setup sees it). Only devices that the board can see are my floppy drive and hard drive on the VIA SATA1 header.

Back