• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Armor VA8000 & PSU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robinhood1701

Saw this review on the Armor, and noticed the comment near the bottom of Page 5 of 6, that -
http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/ttarmor/index.php?file=5
"Later in the PSU installation I realized I would not be able to use the extra 90mm fan included with the case. Although it would probably work fine with a typical power supply, the modular cabling design of the Ultra Products Xconnect unit used interfered with where the fan was supposed to be positioned."
Suppose that means PSU's like mine, the Atec Neo Pwer 480W,
Any one with a Armor noticed a prob like this?

I have the TT Armor and an Antec Neopower, and although I didn't even install the top fan, I'm pretty sure it would fit. With the 120mm fans on the rear and the PSU, plus the 92mm on the back, I didn't feel I needed the one on the top... not to mention the plastic part above the hex pattern above the fan looks like it would barely let any air out anyway.

Thanks Judge,
Had my doubts about the plastic part above the hex pattern as well,
If i get an Armor, the top fan may have to be an option, to keep my Prezzhott happy,
May even look at fitting a 120mm top, or even on the cross member below to help airflo,
Your temps still good, even without the top fan?

Back