• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

software method to check if cpu is overheating ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hmmm

Registered
i have soltek 75drv ddr motherboard and 1.4 ghz at 11*140..but the motherboard only shows 1 temperature which is called (in both bios and some monitoring program that came on cd) "temperature 1"...lol so i have no idea if its system temperature or cpu temperature and if its cpu temp i dont know where the sensor is (their website isnt of any help either)....i really dont wanna slowly fry this chip so i wanna know if the fact that i can run prime95 24 hours without errors is enough to know that its not overheating ??

im asking this because when i installed heatsink (dragon orb 3 with 7000 rpm fan and house fan blowing air to it as well) i dont think i used enough of the silicone compound that came with it + i only applied it to the processor core (not heatsink) and i had to change the position of the heatsink about 3-4 times before i could secure the clip (which was difficult because it required so much force and 1 capasitor was in the way)

Yeah, you should be fine with that. If your computer doesn't crash while you stress it, it's going to be aok. :)

*Moved post to "Cooling"*

I think its OK! CPU craches before it burns. if you can touch your heatsink of the CPU for view seconds it fine

ok thanks thats all i wanted to know (i have just seen people say their cpu temp is 60 c and still their machine is stable)

Back