• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundbalster Audigy/Live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dutch

Registered
Hey peeps, Just want some input on this, My sound card just took a dive, it was a SB X-gamer 5.1, Are the new Audigy series cards better? or should just stick to the Live series cards?

Audigy is only marginally better than the live. Apparently sound isn't that much of an improvement over the Live series, and don't believe the hype about 24bit sound, it still downsamples this to 16bit. Still has issues with the VIA chipset too.

What are the issues w/ the VIA chipsets....I havent had any trouble with My Live card......Thanks for your input

The audigy is pretty much a Live! card, it's all the little extra bits you get with it that raise the price of it. Kinda like the soundblaster live! platinum. You're just paying extra for a niffty interface.

Question about the card. Been trying to find one around to look at but just don't seem to be many images of them out there. Is the 1394 Firewire connector on the main card or is it stuck on the little daughter card?

One thing I've heard about the Audigy or actually about the software PlayCenter3 which comes with it is that the software utilizes some type of antipiracy whatchamacallit that keeps you from ripping cds or something. I'm not exactly sure about it but I know I heard someone blasting it because it did something about copying music.

the firewire is on the card itself inplace of the gameport. The game port for the audigy is on a daughter card. As far as ripping with PC3, no experience just yet, but I'm gathering up some tunes and plan on ripping soon. Sorry about the rhyme, it was not on purpose.

Back