• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canadian RMA returns by UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7keys

I'm rma-ing an Abit NF7 and had to confirm that I would pay any charges that UPS or customs would charge me on my end.

Have any of you Canadians been charged anything getting back a RMA'd board from the US through UPS?

I'm a little worried as they have screwed me a few time by UPS on items I've bought from the US..............am I in for another screwing by UPS?

I was charged 45 dollars getting my PDA back from my "Free RMA" to texas. I was not pleased, and have not bothered RMAing it a second time because of the fee

UPS are crooks. They have the most outrageous fees, handling and blah blah. I've had free packages cost me $50, and the stuff in it is junk.

Tell them to use Fedex or United States Postal Service. Request it, if they want to keep a customer they'll do it. All Fedex and USPS charge is Tax at the border but if it's a RMA it'll be free. UPS Charges a hell of a lot of useless crap for handling, carry fee or crap like that.

I got charged $35 for ram that Spectek sent back to me after RMA via UPS...:mad:

Easy, people. I work for UPS. Have you actually tried an RMA with USPS, FedEx or DHL? If so, I want to know how much it cost you. If you want, I can look into the reasons why it is so expensive. I'm guessing customs reems our shipments going to/from Canada.

I found an Old UPS Bill. Total was $51.13, this was a package full of old outdated computer parts too that I got from a member for free.

Entry Prep Fee: $27.45 (What's that? Am I reentering Orbit?)
Customs GST: $5.11 (ok that's fine)
CA Ontario PST: $5.84 (Again fine)
Disburstment Fee: $5.85 (not fine UPS crap)

There are other fees, but lets just say Taxes were only $13.58 which is what I expect. UPS fees came to about $37.55. That's not right at all.

Tebore said:
I found an Old UPS Bill. Total was $51.13, this was a package full of old outdated computer parts too that I got from a member for free.

Entry Prep Fee: $27.45 (What's that? Am I reentering Orbit?)
Customs GST: $5.11 (ok that's fine)
CA Ontario PST: $5.84 (Again fine)
Disburstment Fee: $5.85 (not fine UPS crap)

There are other fees, but lets just say Taxes were only $13.58 which is what I expect. UPS fees came to about $37.55. That's not right at all.

Yes! we all know the screwing you get through UPS when buying from the US, there are many other threads about that, I want to deal with RMA which should have no charges whatsoever.

7keys said:
Yes! we all know the screwing you get through UPS when buying from the US, there are many other threads about that, I want to deal with RMA which should have no charges whatsoever.

That wasn't buying that was someone giving me something that was FREE. Yet they charged on the insured price.

The last time I got an RMA through them it was the same deal.

That was the only bill I could find at the time. It was the samething for an RMA on some RAM.

The only way you'd get an RMA free is if the sender makes it specific that they will pay FOB or pay for all of the charges otherwise you're stuck paying their fees.

Thats a load of bull, I just sold something on ebay, two things things actually, one is going out to france and the other to england, I dont wont those guys stuck with these dumb@## fee's. I specified that I will send via UPS, i wonder if they would be ok with me changing to fedex. Thats just crap to get all of those charges for an RMA or a free item.

Saruji said:
Thats a load of bull, I just sold something on ebay, two things things actually, one is going out to france and the other to england, I dont wont those guys stuck with these dumb@## fee's. I specified that I will send via UPS, i wonder if they would be ok with me changing to fedex. Thats just crap to get all of those charges for an RMA or a free item.

The best is USPS.... believe it or not.

Tebore said:
The Postal Service(Both Canada and US) is indeed the best, then followed by Fedex from my experiences.

I've never used Fedex....they don't charge broker fees on merchandise from the US?

7keys said:
I've never used Fedex....they don't charge broker fees on merchandise from the US?

They don't charge anything Other than the Taxes on the declared price of the item at the border. They don't have Crazy fees you've never heard of, such as the UPS "Entry Prep Fee".

7keys said:
What did they say was the reason for the charge?

I can't recall exactly off the top of my head, but very similar to Tebore's bill, and a call to them only had them telling me to either pay it or they'd send a collection agency after me. What's a person to do :rolleyes:

JDXNC said:
I can't recall exactly off the top of my head, but very similar to Tebore's bill, and a call to them only had them telling me to either pay it or they'd send a collection agency after me. What's a person to do :rolleyes:

3 Months ago a TV Station (CityTV) did a story regarding the fees UPS charged. UPS declined an interveiw and sent a statment to them basically saying, these are the fees we charge, like it or shove it. We're not dignifying what they are for.

Tebore said:
3 Months ago a TV Station (CityTV) did a story regarding the fees UPS charged. UPS declined an interveiw and sent a statment to them basically saying, these are the fees we charge, like it or shove it. We're not dignifying what they are for.

Seems to me this would be something the Better Business Bureau should get involved in(or is that just a USA thing?) I would alway put that as good grounds for a boycott. I know I refuse to use UPS.

JDXNC said:
Seems to me this would be something the Better Business Bureau should get involved in(or is that just a USA thing?) I would alway put that as good grounds for a boycott. I know I refuse to use UPS.

You know when you sign for you package, you sign saying you understand what those fees are for and give up your rights to sue them and blah blah. Basically you can either deny the package and not pay or get you package and give up rights to sue them for this type of BS. I know I don't use them anymore I use Canada Post as much as I can or it's Fedex.

There’s some guy that started a website trying to enlighten people about UPS border scams. His daughter was going to University in Toronto and he sent her a box of clothing and some things she wanted from home in California, UPS charged her over a $100 on her end and the Father was furious. I did a search a couple of years ago after they tried to charge me a fifty dollar broker fee on a twenty dollar Celeron, many people are P?$$ed about it.

It sure is strange they’re able to get away with this type of thievery, I really don’t understand.

Back