• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3/8" C-Systems pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Pez]

i just ordered a CSP750 but it comes with 3/8" barbs (didnt know when i was ordering) and ive ordered 6"" of 1/2" tygon hose with it :bang head :bang head , i was wondering it anyone knows if it would be safe if i used my 1/2" hose on the 3/8" barbs with steel hoseclamps. Thx in Advance

i'd personally just return the pump & get my money back to get something better (aquaextreme50z)

but thats probably now what you'd want to do, so i'd say run down to your local hardware store w/ the pump & get some 1/2" barbed fittings that fit

Not that I have experience with that but it doesn't sound good. I think the advice to return the pump is a good one. Or just get 3/8 hose if you don't mind that idea (I would prefer to stay with 1/2").

Sneaky said:
i'd personally just return the pump & get my money back to get something better (aquaextreme50z)

but thats probably now what you'd want to do, so i'd say run down to your local hardware store w/ the pump & get some 1/2" barbed fittings that fit

If he doesnt get a new pump anyone wanna take bets on how long it will last? :D I'll put 20$ that it wont make it past a month.

jamesavery22 said:
If he doesnt get a new pump anyone wanna take bets on how long it will last? :D I'll put 20$ that it wont make it past a month.

There is a reliability issue with these pumps. The suggestion of returning it and getting the AQX-50Z is a good one.

If your system is 1/2" you could do what I did, put a piece of 3/8" tubing on the pump barb and slip it into your 1/2" tubing. The automotive ring stlye hose clamps work really well for this.
My pump is the DDC/MCP350 which have the same size barbs as your pump.

ok i just sent an email to www.coolercases.co.uk and changed it to an Eheim 1048 Pump (they beter change it) , are Eheims any good , cuz if not i think im gunna hang myself

the eheims are MUCH more reliable than the c-systems, plus they're EXTREMELY quiet

i'm sure you'll like the eheim much more than the CSP

[Pez] said:
ok i just sent an email to www.coolercases.co.uk and changed it to an Eheim 1048 Pump (they beter change it) , are Eheims any good , cuz if not i think im gunna hang myself
If you can switch to a MCP350 / Laing DDC, it should run as quiet as the eheim, but will easily outperform it.

BTW, the C-Systems 750 is different than their old pump. They *claim* to have fixed the reliability issues.

[Pez] said:

I hope you know that the Ehiem while being a quiet pump... is much larger than the CSP/DDC, and it's a 110v wall plug pump.

I didn't have a problem using a 110v pump myself.... I shaved the excess plastic off the wall-plug to fit through a PCI slot, to plug into a wall socket.
The pump being inside the case of course.

Good-Luck!

Back