• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with buying an Athlon64 (939) rig....!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Talisman

Registered
Guys...I need a little piece of advice in buying this sytem. The processor is a Winnie 3200+, and there are 2 mobo's. One is Asus A8N SLI Deluxe and the other 1 is A8V Deluxe. Which 1 is the better 1? I am not that much keen on using a PCI Express card, coz I am planning to buy the Sapphire X800 Pro and plan to make it an XT Platinum by the BIOS hack. Do the A8N SLI have an 8x AGP port?
Can anyone come up with a piece of advice which mobo to go for? I never had any experience with the VIA chipsets. I've always preffered MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum though...but its not available here. Its making me confused....Please help me with it....Thanks a lot....

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe doesn't have AGP slot its PCI-E mobo. If I were you I would get DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D which is also PCI-E mobo and you can get yourself a nice 800XL for the same price.

the A8N is PCI-E only. Honestly i really like the DFI, if you go with the DFI Ultra-D you save $100 then buying PCI-E GFX is less of a pain, plus you can mod the Ultra-D into an SLI if you want to.

(If you haven't already bought your CPU) Wait for venice!!! its just around the corner, and from what we've seen, its gonna rock. Mobo: DFI for OCing, Asus otherwise. Nforce 4 boards don't have AGP, only PCIe. Get PCIe cause then SLI is an option down the road, and newer tech is (usually) better. In this case, you will probably see a slight increase vs AGP 8x.

Back