• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the lowest you've got you CPU temp to with watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millhouse

Just curious to see how you all are doing with your watercooling setups...

What are temps at idle and load?

Are they better or worse than previous air? :cool:

Would you change anything in your setup?

Last edited:
My temps went down to 47 under full load w/ filters on my fans while the fans are@5v. My origional temps w/ stock intel air cooling was 70C. :)

3gig Prescott at 3.6 @ 35-40*C

6800u in the loop at 480/1250 @ 45-48*C

ambient usually in high 20's

6800x16.jpg

Old setup, radiator outside in winter.... Got cpu down to like 13C.

For a realistic setup? My TBred (read HOT) barely passes 40C load and idles in the mid 30's with my current setup. Room temps a little above avg.

noxqzs said:
3gig Prescott at 3.6 @ 35-40*C

6800u in the loop at 480/1250 @ 45-48*C

ambient usually in high 20's

6800x16.jpg

I was looking at that case earlier and wondered what the temps were (saw it in another thread)... I love the organization of wiring and tubing, its awesome! :cool:

EDIT: love the custom block too!!!

Last edited:
Been WCing for so long I cant remember the last time I used air so I have no aircooling to compare to. Here's my WC specs:

DD Maze3 (older somewhat outdated block)
DD Geforce4/ATi vidcard cooler
D-tek Chipset cooler
Custom RAM waterblocks
Danner Magdrive 7 pump
Oil cooler from a Cessna airplane (single pass heatercore 18x6x3" fin dimensions) cooled by 6 27cfm 80mm fans 3 suck 3 blow and custom shrouded.

All that's on my A64 rig in my sig (stock speed currently) and I get 27c idle and 34c load temps with an ambient of typically 22-23c. My heatercore and pump are massive compared to many others and the shroud required many hours to create and then successfully mount in the top of my case (using a 5 1/4" bay in the process) which is probably the reason for my really low temps. Had I a better waterblock I could probably go lower... All that is on the extreme end of things and not the norm, but if you get the tweaking bug and really go balls-out with cooling you can get there

noxqzs,

Is that a V2000 case and do you have a dual 120mm rad in there? How easy was it to fit that and did you need to do any mods?

I got my CPU down to 9c venting winter air through heatercore. It gets COLD up here in Canada!

Lowest temp i got was 22c idle/38 load with 5 intake fan during winter, summer is coming and i notice an increased in temp so im gonna reverse my fan orientation.

19c ( 21c loaded ) in a 50f room... winter does rock for this. but see sig for normal, basement temps... love the cascade!

Nnyan said:
noxqzs,

Is that a V2000 case and do you have a dual 120mm rad in there? How easy was it to fit that and did you need to do any mods?

its a v2000 and thats a single 120 radiator with push/pull fans and a duct that exhausts directely on the side. the only mod i did for that was to make the shroud and 120mm exit on the rear panel, but the mount on the case was already there.. works extremely well considering its size.

Im running 25C cpu and 22C MOBO all air cool on mine at the moment and its like 70*F in the room. Got a Zalman Cpu fan and the crappy Asus Chipset fan, It doesnt look like its that much lower for water cooled....but when it gets hot i assume its more consistant.:D

with my old WC setup:

78ºF Idle (1-2% usage)

104ºF Load (Dual Prime 95 Torture Tests - Large In-Place FFT's) (100% usage)

right now im on air cooling w/ a xp-120 until my Storm G5 arrives though

Average is 48c idle and 55-56c load. (Passive cooling)
Check my sig if you want to view my setup.

Back