• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uhh hmm what now (6800GT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

I have a BFG 6800GT that has a Zalman VGA cooler.. what can i do to make it overclock better.. Do i add a little more voltage to it or what? And how?

I can only get 400/1005 stable with stock voltage and all that

Card is totally stock except the fan and heatsink upgrades.

Have you tried flashing it with the ultra bios? Could net you a better OC and benchmarks... Do a search on the forums and see if your card is flashable, and if it's worth it.

What you will probably want is the "GTU" bios. It raises the Vgpu from 1.3 to 1.4 (the voltage used in an ultra), while keeping the GT's tighter memory timmings. It is also possable to raise the voltage to 1.5 I think, but this more for people on water.

GTU action

Where in the bios can i find that voltage setting.. When i look for AGP it says 1.5, surely thats not it? Well, Anyways i bumped that up to 1.7 lol.. It raised my benchmarks a little.

i am still confused why it says 1.5 though.. It cant go lower either.(than 1.5)

that's the agp voltage. what they are referring to is re-flashing your video card with a new bios that supplies more voltage to the core.

changing voltage is risky but if i were u i would just use the same bios u have on the card but change the voltage with an editor i.e. NiBiTor

Back