• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 5.3 = Nightmare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zim2411

For my friend and I, the Cat 5.3 have been a complete nightmare. I've reinstalled Windows XP 8 TIMES this month! That's every 2-3 days!! I install Windows, update, restart, install 5.3, restart, and start using my computer. However, on the next restart? No start. Not even in safe mode. The same exact thing happened to my friends brand new setup.

Installed 4.12 and all is well. (For me at least. I still have to install XP on his comp. Ugh.)

Anyone else have these experiences?

Wow I really do feel your pain. I remember doing many formats in one week. I have heard people having issues with this release, but I hadn't heard about anything like this. And I personally noticed some artifacts on my highest overclock. I am hoping it is related to the 5.3. I have been told that the 4.12 Betas are the best performing, best overclocking release. I'd stick with those if they work.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=910

Havn't had an issue with 5.3's yet

Got 4 different systems running them...

Mine below
my AMD Box with 9600Pro Saphire
my Dad's P4 Box with 9600Pro Saphire
my Mom's P4 Box with 9600Pro Saphire
lol damn thats alot of Saphires :)

Just installed the 5.3's (i.net driver) on my bros system with a X800XL (AGP) and all went well (XP Pro Corp w/SP2).

Back