• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apparently, the key to OCing is breaking pins off your CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Correlation does not actually mean causation.

Indeed :)

People are very good at finding cause and effect where they want it to be present, or when it even appears to be remotely plausible.

Not to say that he's lying or anything (OPB is an overclocker who would never, ever lie about anything), but the higher overclock could well be attributed to something as small as a better cascade head mount then the one which he had before.

It's a miracle in any case :)

not trying to interupt, but i have a p4 2.8 northwood that the far righthand corner pin bent, it was about to fall off the last time i put it in the machine.. Do you think it will affect performance much if any with it missing?

Not trying to break thread up, but i figured some of you may know

Bestmaxx said:
not trying to interupt, but i have a p4 2.8 northwood that the far righthand corner pin bent, it was about to fall off the last time i put it in the machine.. Do you think it will affect performance much if any with it missing?

Priceless....posting your intel question in the AMD CPU section of the forum :p

Very neat...I kinda makes you wonder what those pins were for...

Bestmaxx said:

go find a pin diagram for your proc. If you had an AMD, I'd link you to one, but since its Intel, and I haven't been to the intel site in years, I cant help you there. :D

Back