• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what card should i get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

i wanna know what card i should get.
BFG 6600GT (-300)
PNY 6800Ultra Referb(+300)
6800NU(-250)
Stick with my 9600XT AIW(free)
x800 (?)
or anyother cards

It really depends how much you want to spend.

The X800XL is looking like a really good deal. What you are looking to spend and the performance you expect will really determine what is best for you.

i dont wanna spend over 400 CDN so the x800xl is outa the question and i wanna be able to play doom3 on with either the best or the step down settings and hl2 as well

What resolution? The X700pro can do both of those, 1280x960 in doom3 and 1600x1200 in HL2, 16x AF with very good framerates. The 6600gt is generaly about 10% faster than the x700pro.

EDIT: The X700pro is pci-e only, so you would need to get the AGP 6600gt.

I know how it is to try and get a good card in Canada, ATI cards arn't very available and the prices are rediculous. I spent over a month looking for the best deal I could get on a good card, and the Classifieds section of these forums was the way to go. If you Know someone in the states who will order stuff for you, you can get an X800XL for less than $400 cdn from newegg. Otherwise I would suggest a used card from the classifieds.

Back