• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to hit 4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

you posted at 4Ghz, but it didn't go farther?? i would guess its the ram... have you tried upping the VCore and vdimm?? also, the VAgp... raise that, (more stability for NB on these boards)... a droop mod might help.

Im trying to hit 4 ghz with my system!
I got it to post at 4ghz and what do i need to to to get it there and stable???

Check out my setup in my sig

any ideas or opinions what to to would be great!!

Also any ideas about getting my card higher too....

Well, knowing your Asus .... it droops like crazy. Try upping to volts to 1.45 and try posting. If your at stock voltage, your droop would be in 1.2V range which no doubt wont support 4ghz. Up the voltage (1.6v would be your max depending on what your comfortable with)

Well, more ram will lower your overclock, it stresses your memory bus. See if you can get 4ghz outta your 3.2e with 1gb of ram in, once its "stable" put your other gig back in. BTW, do you know what steppings your 3.2e is? For example, my 3.2e: SL7KC DO Stepping

barnz0432 said:
Im trying to hit 4 ghz with my system!
I got it to post at 4ghz and what do i need to to to get it there and stable???

Check out my setup in my sig

any ideas or opinions what to to would be great!!

Also any ideas about getting my card higher too....
what up barnz, just to hit 4 for a few mins, try this......... 3-4-4-8-8, ram fsb to auto (will most likeley go to 266[3:2]) and vcore at 1.4, fsb at 270...... i hit dat!! whooooooooooooo, check out the 3rd post on page 2 on here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=378519&page=2 , i have almost the EXACT same equip as you, ps, dont burn anything out

--mr nstabl

stepping is SL7B8

DO = 3
Revision = CO
volts 1.4
fsb 220mhz
mulit 16x

hope this helps....tell me what you think
core speed 3519.70mhz
bus speed 880

Overclocking worth the hassle

I tried some of the suggestions and I ended up with more trouble then good

I ended up losing the bios and having to reflash.

I also ended up losing all my windows settings ex: norton 2005 activation and my iTunes activation. If my system keeps crashing I wont be able to keep activating all the time i'm running out of activations.

Is all my hassle actually worth it and besides Half-Life 2 still stutters and slows down on default settings :cry:

Tell me if it is really worth it or not to continue my overclocking quest

Its worth the hassle if you can get things straightend out ... I cant live without ocing ..... it improves everything for performance (In most cases) Like I said, if you can get things going on the right track, you will never regret it ...

HOLY CRAP!! Barnz, your system ownz!!! And with your mobo, your ram, and your cpu, you can oc that puppy past 3.5 unless you really crapped out with the proc or ram you got....but i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it.

Your tryin ta get to 4 ghz? Well, how far have you gotten it so far?

Ok, I tried a little adjusting and Im at 3.84ghz and my card is at 465 and 1.17

fsb is at 240 and bus speed is at 960.3

It seems to run fine. I ran a test of 3dmark03 and I was doing the last cpu test and it exited out with windows error.

Could it be I have my processor too high or should I adjust my ram its set to auto now.

Also with half-life2 I downloaded it from steam could that be part of my problem.
It has never ran right on my system no matter what I do!!

Far Cry and Any other game can be at MAX settings at 1600x1200 res and play SUPER FAST!

Any help on why I keep getting slowdowns Would be great!!
I'm getting really angery with Half-Life 2 not working right!

Back