• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EM64T Motherboards for Intel 650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I'm planning on making a gaming computer / entertainment center. I have set my mind on the Intel 650 3.4GHz 2mb cache. But I have learned that if the motherboard doesn't support EM64T it won't boot. Can you please help me find a motherboard. My price limit is $230 +/- $5. I want it to have the 925XE chipset on it. can you guys please point me to a right direction. thanks.

Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE should be in that price range, will give you top tier performance and features. The plain AA8XE board would also do well for you and be cheaper.

add to that the asus P5AD2-E premium 925xe and also supports 64bit cpus.. oh and i think all 925x support 64bit chips with a bios upgrade if they werent supportin be4.. but id recommend the P5AD2-E

Maxvla said:
Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE should be in that price range, will give you top tier performance and features. The plain AA8XE board would also do well for you and be cheaper.

You need to contact me ASAP about a bad trade.

{PMS}fishy said:
You need to contact me ASAP about a bad trade.
and you need to get over 8 dollars on a cdrw you broke 6 months ago and stop hassling me.

With that budget you can pretty much buy any 925XE motherboard out there. That being said the top two were already mentioned, the Abit AA8XE Fatal1ty and the Asus P5AD2-E. It's really tought for me to say I would get one over the other, but I would probably get the Asus board because it comes with more stuff.

BTW, you do know that you will also have to buy new memory with your board unless you have some DDR2 memory already?

I was about to get the P5AD2-E Premium, but heard about the upcoming Intel-SLI motherboards. Will the upcoming SLI compatible motherboards have the same features?

whozyodaddy said:
I was about to get the P5AD2-E Premium, but heard about the upcoming Intel-SLI motherboards. Will the upcoming SLI compatible motherboards have the same features?

I don't see why they wouldn't have EM64T support for upcoming Intel SLI motherboards, but the price of the chips will cost around $80 so I'm guessing that the initial price of these boards will be pretty expensive, probably around $250 for a fully featured board. (I'm basing this on the fact that a fully featured 925XE motherboard costs around $230 and the 925XE I believe go for around $50/chip)

do you know when are they coming out. if they are coming out within matter of few weeks or a month i will just wait for it.....if i am not mistaken it is 955x chipset right....i also heard about dual cpu core motherboards for intel p4 775 and pentium d....i don't know if they are out....if someone knows anything about the release date for Intel SLI please let me know.....i am pretty much going all out i can this new rig im building....i am planning getting either PC-V2000B or PC-75B .....which ever the case can give me optimum air flow and enough space for water cooling(im a noob at it i had Thermaltake W/C Kit{crappy}...ill see you guys again in water cooling section....thanks again guys.....

Why bother with the 650, get a 640 and save $100 for something else they will both do 3.6 to 3.8 NP on air or more. Also make sure you don't need too many pci slots if you go with pci exp and you'll need a pci vid card.

VolcanoWarez said:
duals will be released before the end of may

yeah with how close they are to launch id wait and get a 955 based board it will work with all the current 775 cpus and will also support the dual cores as well.

I pretty much have everything set for everything i want. But if the 955 is coming out anything time soon i want to wait and save up some more money to get another card. Does any one know if 955 will be able to support 2x ATI X850 XT or X800 XT or it will be just nVidia 6800's like AMD SLI (I DISLIKE nVidia Cards Few of them broke on me)

Back