• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Come here little BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

I think im in the right section...
My intel CPU on my laptop cannot be o/c because I cant find th BIOS when it boots up there is no choice to "press del to enter BIOS" is there a way i can get one
Its a Satellite PRO 4300 Series

mad_pc_man said:
I think im in the right section...
My intel CPU on my laptop cannot be o/c because I cant find th BIOS when it boots up there is no choice to "press del to enter BIOS" is there a way i can get one
Its a Satellite PRO 4300 Series
hmm, i would say try f1-f12 first.... :) then delete (like 30 times right after you hit the power button) try ctrl+alt+esc.... should be one of those... but toshiba laptops can also have a 'toshiba utility' (specific to your case :))

more then likely if there isnt a newer bios on toshibas website for you laptop there isnt one. Also it could be possible that there are dip switches on the board to change the frequency and multi. The downside of that is you have to take apart your laptop.

Brad84cnc said:
more then likely if there isnt a newer bios on toshibas website for you laptop there isnt one. Also it could be possible that there are dip switches on the board to change the frequency and multi. The downside of that is you have to take apart your laptop.
yah i think that there is not very many laptops that you can O/C very easily without needing a lot of elbow grease

moho said:
yah i think that there is not very many laptops that you can O/C very easily without needing a lot of elbow grease
not only that, where the hell would u get instructions on what switches and combos equal what freq even if you found it, plus laptops get hot as hell as it is, i see it like this - unless ur getting like a 500mhz+ OC, why mess wid it :shrug: thats why my ibook g4 is stock :D, so i dont have to cut a hole in the casing to put a fat *** hsf, otherwise its easy as hell to oc

it took me forever to figure out the combination of dip switches on my compaq then when i almost gave up i looked about an inch over from them and it had a diagram. :bang head

Brad84cnc said:
it took me forever to figure out the combination of dip switches on my compaq then when i almost gave up i looked about an inch over from them and it had a diagram. :bang head
im guessing a desktop? i wouldn't think a laptop would have a diagram, ive opened a cpl, absolutely not comparable to a fullsized computer

oo i take it back brad, hey mad, if you take ur top apart, take pics jigga, not for us, for your backtrack 'put together again' adventure.

nstabl said:
oo i take it back brad, hey mad, if you take ur top apart, take pics jigga, not for us, for your backtrack 'put together again' adventure.

I should have done that when i did mine. I have about 10 extra screws that i didnt have before i took it apart. But so far it still works fine except i had to drill out a couple of them since they use those weird screws that you need a special bit to get out.

Back