• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 2) question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aitolos

Registered
Hello dudes and good day to you i have a question
tell me its worth the try to get a NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 2)
for my albatron 6800 agp
any problems reported?
what is the diference betwen this HS and the retail of the card
how much is the diference in tempratures

thank you for your time cheers :beer:

aitolos said:
Hello dudes and good day to you i have a question
tell me its worth the try to get a NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 2)
for my albatron 6800 agp
any problems reported?
what is the diference betwen this HS and the retail of the card
how much is the diference in tempratures

thank you for your time cheers :beer:

the difference in my expereince between the stock cooler and NV is that the stock cooler actually coolers the Ram the NV lets it cook itself. Don't bother check for posts, lots of people are having issues with the NV, if you are lucky it may seat correctly, but prob not

The rev 2 i thought fixed all the seating issues? I have a rev 1 and it sits on my card perfectly. Get some great clocks out of it.

stang8118 said:
The rev 2 i thought fixed all the seating issues? I have a rev 1 and it sits on my card perfectly. Get some great clocks out of it.

not sure about rev 2, they may have improved it, to be honest the stock cooler is V good, the only down side is that all the warm air remains in the case

This is the features of V2
**Easier Installation
New clip and back plate design for better fit.

**Exhanced Compatibility
New fan casing design to enhance compatibility.

**Clicking Noise Solution
A filter is integrated into the PCB to reduce the noise generated from the motor.

so i think they understand the problem with the V1
hmm i will think about if i get one
and if i get i will keep you informed about the compatibility and the heat diference

Back